Timecards are a vital part of your day-to-day operations. ServiceTrade realizes that different companies have different needs when it comes to their timecards, and so we're excited to introduce you to the new Service Timecard. This new product replaces the legacy Timecard Tool, which is no longer supported.
This article will walk you through the new features in Service Timecard including adding employees, customization options, and other convenient features that make recording, approving, and reporting time easy for you and your technicians.
Adding Employees to Timecard
When starting with Service Timecard, the first thing you'll need to do is get your users set up. You can do this with the push of a button on the User Settings page. Users in ServiceTrade will be automatically added to Service Timecard.
As you add new users in ServiceTrade, you can import them with the same button.
Customizing Your Timecard
Service Timecard has a variety of customization options that make it more flexible to meet your specific time tracking and reporting needs.
- Additional Rows: Allow you to create custom categories of time you would like your technicians to track such as PTO, sick leave, lunch, administrative time, training, and others.
- Custom Templates: Templates allow you to export your data in reusable template formats to make it easy to import into your accounting system, or for general reporting needs.
- Calendar Start Date: Adjust which day you would like the work week to start.
- Expense Codes: Allow your techs to track categorized expenses for which they may need to be reimbursed.
Managing the Logistics of Time Tracking
Service Timecard helps you manage the day to day logistics of time tracking with a variety of improvements over the old Timecard Tool. These improvements include:
- Giving techs the ability to save their timecards and resume editing later.
- Timecard reviews can be delegated to trusted employees, not just account admins.
- Admins can send timecards back to technicians, and request changes before approving.
- Users can export tidy, complete data to payroll, including labor items, clock events, and expenses.
For a demo or more information on how you can get started with the new Service Timecard, call or email your account manager, or email email@example.com.