Project Management is now available in beta for Premium and Enterprise customers. Upcoming releases related to Project Management include advanced billing features. If you want early access to project management, contact your ServiceTrade Account Manager or email email@example.com.
There may be times when you have a job where you need to track your cost.
Projects in ServiceTrade are part of the Project Management umbrella, allowing Premium and Enterprise customers to better manage cost expectations for projects or jobs regardless of size through the project's lifecycle or job. Projects provide better insight into seen and unforeseen changes that can impact a project's or job's bottom line.
In the article Enabling and Creating Budgets from a Job, we learned that a Budget is typically created from a job.
However, you usually want to create a job and a budget directly from an approved quote. Especially if your quote has, quote items with granular service association set up for your services.
This article will walk you through how to create a job and budget from a quote and what that budget pulls from the quote.
- To use Project Management, you must be a Premium or Enterprise customer.
- Budget Management Role Permissions enabled for the user
- The Quote has been 'Approved'
- We recommend having items on your quote with granular service associations to utilize this feature best.
Creating a Granular Level Budget from a Quote
Note: The budgets created from quotes will always be granular-level budgets.
- From your approved quote, click the Create Job From Quote button
- This takes you to the Create Job From Quote menu
- For PO Number, Job Due Date, Attachments, etc, follow the normal instructions for Creating Jobs from Quotes
- Toggle the Create a Budget for this Job on
- Click the Create Job From Quote button
- This takes you to the newly created Job Page, where you will see a Budget Total in the Job Summary. The Job Mode will be set 'Project'
- Click View Budget to open your Budget in a new tab or window
What's in the Budget?
When the Job and Granular Budget are created from the quote, ServiceTrade automatically pulls granular service and the item information associated with those services into your job and budget.
Click here to learn more about Granular Level Budget.
Note: If the quote has no items, then the budget will be empty and have a Budget Total of $0.00
See the example below:
Contact ServiceTrade support at firstname.lastname@example.org.