The release of the ServiceTrade Mobile App 4.0 for iOS and Android gives techs the ability to create, edit, and view attachments and comments with service granular associations. The new features include:
- Attachments and Comments on the Service Details Page
- Viewing Comments by Job, Service, or All
- Adding Comments for Job, Service, or Location
- Viewing Attachments by Job, Service, or All
- Attachments Search Filters
How You Benefit
This update provides ServiceTrade techs with a more effective and efficient way to associate and view Attachments and Comments with the specific work they performed.
This new service granular association capability now allows your techs to add attachments and comments for what happened at the individual service level for any Service on a Job Appointment they are on. In other words, all the things that techs share in the field can now be directly associated with the corresponding service.
Your techs can also search and view attachments and comments based on their Service association. So if they are on a big Job with many Services, that also have a lot of associated attachments or comments, the tech can more easily search for specific attachments or comments if they need to reference them to complete work on a Job.
Attachments and Comments on the Service Details Page
When you first tap the Services Box, you will notice that your techs are no longer automatically asked to select which Services they would like to mark as complete. If they want to return to that old view, they would simply tap Edit on the top right.
They are now directed to the Services Menu where they can tap to select which Service they would like to edit.
Like before, on the individual Services Details Page, they can toggle on or off whether they want the Service to be Marked Complete and if they wish to make the Service Visible to the Customer.
We have added Attachments and Comments Buttons that allow your techs to add Attachments and Comments to the Service they are currently editing.
The numbers next to the Attachments and Comments Buttons in parentheses indicate how many attachments and comments are associated with this service. Techs can now view the comments and attachments associated with this service by clicking these buttons.
Viewing Comments by Job, Service, or All
On the Comments Menu, a new navigation toggle has been added that allows your techs to quickly view and select comments that are visible to technicians by Job, Service, or All.
- The Job tab displays comments that are specific to the Appointment's Job your tech is viewing.
- The Service tab displays comments that have association to a Service on the Appointment.
- The All tab displays all comments included on the Job and Service tab, as well any Location comments specific to this Job.
Click the following link to learn more about Creating, Viewing, and Editing Comments
Adding Comments for Job, Service, or Location
Before, when adding comments on the Comments Menu, your Techs could only indicate if they were making these comments for the Appointment's Job or Location.
Now your techs can also indicate if the comments are associated with a specific Service on the Appointment. Click the following link to learn more about Creating, Viewing, and Editing Comments.
Viewing Attachments by Job, Service, or All
On the Attachments Menu, a new navigation toggle has been added that allows your techs to quickly view and select Attachments that are visible to technicians by Job, Service, or All.
- The Job tab displays Attachments that are specific to the Appointment's Job your tech is viewing.
- The Service tab displays Attachments that have an association to a Service on the Appointment.
- The All tab displays all Attachments included on the Job.
Attachments Search Filters
The Addition of the Attachments Search Filter will allow your techs to easily locate a specific attachment on a big Job, with a large number of attachments. They can use multiple parameters to filter and search such as: Attachment Purpose, File Type, Uploaded by, and Uploaded Date Range.
Using the Filter
Tap the Filters button to open the Attachments Filters Menu.
Here you can Tap the Attachment Purpose, File Type, Uploaded By, and Uploaded Date Range buttons to open their filter parameter menus. On each menu, you can select any parameter you want to filter by. Once complete click Done. You can continue to click through the menus and select more filters to hone your search. If you need to clear your filters click Clear All.
Below we list what parameters are available in each menu:
Note: that next to each parameter, the number of that attachment type will be listed in parentheses.
- The Attachment Purpose menu allows you to select Attachments that are for: Attachment, Job Paperwork, Job Invoice, Job Vendor Bill, and/or Sign Attachment.
- The Attachment File Type menu allows you to select Attachments that are either: Images, Audio Files, Documents, Files, and Video Files.
- The Uploaded By menu allows you to select Attachments that were uploaded by your techs. It lists all of your techs but lists them in order of relevance by the number of attachments the techs have uploaded to this Appointment.
- The Uploaded Date Range menu allows techs to set a filter date range that the Attachments were uploaded.
Once your tech has set all of their filter parameters, they can tap Search Attachment to set the filter.
You will see a red circle icon with a number that represents. The Red Icon indicates that a filter search is on and the number represents how many filter types are being used in the search.
To turn off the filter search, tap Filters and then tap Clear All. Then tap Search Attachments.
Article is closed for comments.